Thursday, March 23, 2023

5 Mile Challenge




A few months ago, my workplace started a program to promote wellness on the workforce. I just recently joined to see if it might help with my own motivation to improve my health and well being. The program include monthly challenges and a lot more I still need to read on. This is just the second day I am with the program so it far says I am on track.

This challenge started March 6, 2023 to March 19, 2023. Since I know I usually walked about 10 to 13 thousand steps on my work days, I did not change anything the first week I joined. I ended the first week in number 142 out of 704 of us who joined at 3.99 miles. I was so close so I decided to just go for it on my next work stretch.

March 16, 2023 I tried to reached 5 miles. I doubled up some of my usual routine, I walked around our driveway instead of just standing waiting for the school bus chatting with my daughter. She thought I was funny but I have a goal to achieve. At work, instead of bringing all the samples to the instruments in one go, I would intentionally bring a few so I have to walk back and forth a few more times. Then I would go all the way to another room or walk up and down the hallway a few extra times. I finished the mission at number 326 out of 742 with 5.29 miles.

The number one in our board finished the challenge with 75.15 miles. Runners like the hubby, treadmill users and regular joggers and walkers can easily do this. I am just glad to reached the goal and my feet hurts. Definitely not something I would do everyday. I can just imagine how people are able to do these physical activities daily. As my daughter told me, at least now with this work app I am motivated to move more. Let's see how consistent I get and if I make moving into a habit.

Thank you for stopping by.

Glynith





No comments:

Post a Comment