Friday, November 5, 2021

Certified Strong Nation and Kettlebell Instructor

I am so excited!!!  Today, November 5, 2021, I finished my Strong Nation training.  I am officially a Certified Strong Nation Instructor and a Certified Kettlebell Instructor.

The journey started when we loss our pet dog "Bandit".  After a few weeks, I realized I am not walking/exercising as much as when he was around and would demand to be walked every few hours.  I also noticed that I tire easily at work and needed to do something to pump up my fitness and energy level.

I started searching for a gym to join again and saw programs for Kettlebell and Strong Nation.  I haven't heard of both exercise formats and it made me curious.  So I joined a class of kettlebell which happened to be taught by a mom of my son's classmate.  I then tried Strong Nation in the same gym.  I love doing both Kettlebell and Strong Nation.

I got introduced to fitness in college when some friends joined a gym and I went with them for a while.  Then I bought VHS for a few Tae Bo exercises, I also tried a few kickboxing classes, some zumba classes and more than a decade of jazzercise locally here.  But I never exercise or workout regularly though.   I just do them whenever I felt like it.  

This time, I felt the need to share my workout not as a student/participant doing the programs but I think the time has come for me to own my workout and step out of the box so I can share and be actively involve not just in my own but in the community's fitness and health.  This way, I will be more motivated to do the programs regularly so I can teach it.

September 23, 2021 I registered and got my CPR/AED certification.  On September 25, 2021, I registered to be an instructor for both Kettlebell and Strong Nation.  I finished training and got certified to teach Kettlebell on September 28, 2021 and finished my e-learning certification for Strong Nation on the same day.  I scheduled for the first available live online Strong Nation training taught by a master trainer local in Michigan today and got certified.  It was an intense all day training, very informative and physically exhausting but exhilarating as well.

Thank you for stopping by and hope you join me in this journey.

Glynith

Below are pics our master trainer Stephanie Halley took:







No comments:

Post a Comment