Wednesday, January 5, 2022

AFAA - Certified Group Fitness Instructor

Examination Results

Candidate Name:  Glynith Kelly


Examination Result:  Passed
Examination Date:  January 05, 2022 at 09:43 AM (MST)
 
Examination Name:  Certified Group Fitness Instructor (CGFI)


I am doing a couple of happy dances right now as I am typing.  I have been delaying this certification exam for a few months.  Reasons and excuses being that:  

First, I did not get the score I wanted when I did the practice test.   I wanted some cushion in case the exam will be more difficult.  I admire people who are able to go back to school for years of studying after having kids.   I am thankful, I don't have to worry about grades in this certification course.  

Second, I was so worried that maybe my computer is not going to pass the requirements needed to do the online proctoring of the examination.  See, I have an older MacBook that already has been sent back to Apple because it died on me a few months ago.

Lastly, when I finally tell myself to just go ahead and do it.  I learned that my original CGFI course was not registered for online proctor testing.  So, they have to re-register me and it took a few days before I can log in and schedule the exam.  By then, it was already the last few days of school for the kids, close to the Christmas holiday break.  I had initially bought the course in October 6, 2021 with the plan of taking the exam late November or early December.

I took the exam this morning at 0930 before my work stretch starts again tomorrow.  The hubby is at work and the kids are in school, I have a very quiet house all to myself which is very conducive to taking certification exams.

Now I am a very excited Certified Group Fitness Instructor with Athletics and Fitness Association of America.  Onward to looking for a job in this field.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you follow me in this journey.

Glynith


No comments:

Post a Comment