Wednesday, April 27, 2022

NASM - Certified Personal Trainer

Happy Day Indeed!  I just finished my NASM-CPT ( National Academy of Sports Medicine - Certified Personal Trainer) exam this morning at around 1130 and passed it!!!

This certification will allow me to have clients to work with one on one.  Now I can teach group fitness classes and help train each client reach their personal goals by being able to design a safe, effective and results oriented programs customized to each individuals' needs.

The idea to take this certification came while I was studying for the AFAA-CGFI (Athletics and Fitness Association of America - Certified Group Fitness Instructor) examination.  I thought that since it is about exercise and training an individual to achieve a healthy and fit lifestyle, it will give me a deeper education into the exercise field and broaden my scope of practice.

My original plan was to take this exam sometime in February or March but since I delayed my AFAA-CGFI exam until January, this got pushed as well.  After taking the practice exam in February,  I was not confident to take the final exam and asked for an extension.  Fortunately, I was given an extra month before I have to pay again.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you join me in this journey to achieve a fit and healthy lifestyle.

Glynith


 

No comments:

Post a Comment